2015 Jean L. Petitt Memorial Music Scholarship Details Coming Soon
The Jean L. Petitt Memorial Music Scholarship is open to instrumentalists, vocalists and dancers up to age 18. Applicants must be current residents and currently attend school in one of the following Ohio counties: Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, Portage, Summit, Medina or Lorain.
Applicants must be prepared to perform a suitable piece from musical theater, popular standards, big band, jazz, or light classics.More details can be had by reading the competition rules.
The grand prize winner of the competition must be willing, able and available to perform a solo with The Cleveland POPS Orchestra during one of its regular concerts at Severance Hall, as determined by Conductor Carl Topilow. A cash prize of $500 will also be awarded to the grand prize winner.
- 2014 – Jieming Tang, violin
- 2013 – Lewis Zou, piano; Maria Beltavski, violin
- 2012 – Jiana Peng, piano
- 2011 – Kaley Ann Voorhees, vocalist; Sophia Madorsky, vocalist
- 2010 – James Thompson, violin
- 2009 – Alexis Floyd, vocalist
- 2008 – Sarah Arnold, violin
- 2007 – Chad Hoopes, violin; Meredith Kochan, vocalist
- 2006 – Caroline Goulding, violin
- 2005 – Jerry Lang, II, piano
- 2004 – Annie Marie Sivertson, vocalist
- 2003 – Yihao Wu, piano
- 2002 – Shantelle Jackson and Antonio Brown, dancers; Lisa Moore, vocalist; Riley Richard, saxophone
- 2001-02 – Robbie Spackey, saxophone
- 2001 – Gina DiBello, violin; Kelly Pekar, vocalist
- 2000 – Nicholas DiEugenio , violin
If you have further questions, please contact the Cleveland Pops Orchestra at (216) 765-7677, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your tax-deductible gift to the Jean L. Petitt Memorial Music Scholarship Fund is an investment in the future of fine music. Your gift will be acknowledged in the Cleveland Pops program book. Please send your contribution to the address listed above. You may also Donate Online.