The Cleveland POPS Orchestra announces its sixteenth annual Jean L. Petitt Memorial Music Scholarship Competition on Sunday, November 16, 2014
The competition will take place from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 16, 2014 in room 217 of the Cleveland Institute of Music, located at 11021 East Boulevard, Cleveland, Ohio 44106.
The competition is open to instrumentalists, vocalists and dancers up to age 18. Applicants must be current residents and currently attend school in one of the following Ohio counties: Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, Portage, Summit, Medina or Lorain.
Applicants must be prepared to perform a suitable piece from musical theater, popular standards, big band, jazz, or light classics.More details can be had by reading the competition rules.
The grand prize winner of the competition must be willing, able and available to perform a solo with The Cleveland POPS Orchestra during one of its regular concerts at Severance Hall, as determined by Conductor Carl Topilow. A cash prize of $500 will also be awarded to the grand prize winner.
Applications must be received at the Cleveland POPS Orchestra office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 8, 2014.
Be sure to read the competition rules before requesting an application form. The application form is now available online (PDF). Once you’ve downloaded and filled out the application, mail it with written approval from your parent or guardian to…
Gordon L. Petitt, Scholarship Administrator
Jean L. Petitt Memorial Scholarship Competition
24000 Mercantile Road, Unit 8
Cleveland, OH 44122
…or send by fax to (216) 765-1931 or email to email@example.com.
Applications can also be obtained by writing to the address above.
- 2013 – Lewis Zou, piano; Maria Beltavski, violin
- 2012 – Jiana Peng, piano
- 2011 – Kaley Ann Voorhees, vocalist; Sophia Madorsky, vocalist
- 2010 - James Thompson, violin
- 2009 – Alexis Floyd, vocalist
- 2008 – Sarah Arnold, violin
- 2007 - Chad Hoopes, violin; Meredith Kochan, vocalist
- 2006 - Caroline Goulding, violin
- 2005 - Jerry Lang, II, piano
- 2004 – Annie Marie Sivertson, vocalist
- 2003 – Yihao Wu, piano
- 2002 - Shantelle Jackson and Antonio Brown, dancers; Lisa Moore, vocalist; Riley Richard, saxophone
- 2001-02 – Robbie Spackey, saxophone
- 2001 - Gina DiBello, violin; Kelly Pekar, vocalist
- 2000 - Nicholas DiEugenio , violin
If you have further questions, please contact the Cleveland Pops Orchestra at (216) 765-7677, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your tax-deductible gift to the Jean L. Petitt Memorial Music Scholarship Fund is an investment in the future of fine music. Your gift will be acknowledged in the Cleveland Pops program book. Please send your contribution to the address listed above. You may also Donate Online.