The 18th Annual Jean L. Petitt Memorial Music Scholarship Competition will take place on Sunday, November 20, 2016
The Jean L. Petitt Memorial Music Scholarship is open to instrumentalists, vocalists and dancers up to age 18. Applicants must be current residents and currently attend school in one of the following Ohio counties: Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, Portage, Summit, Medina or Lorain.
Applicants must be prepared to perform a suitable piece from musical theater, popular standards, big band, jazz, or light classics. More details can be had by reading competition rules.
To apply, print the application PDF, fill it out, and send to the Cleveland POPS Orchestra before November 18, 2016.
Cleveland POPS Orchestra
24000 Mercantile Rd., Unit #8
Beachwood, OH 44122
Fax: (216) 765-1931
The grand prize winner of the competition must be willing, able and available to perform a solo with The Cleveland POPS Orchestra during one of its regular concerts at Severance Hall, as determined by Conductor Carl Topilow. A cash prize of $500 will also be awarded to the grand prize winner.
- 2015 – Hannah Kulawiak, vocalist; Sean Yongjoo Lim, violin
- 2014 – Jieming Tang, violin
- 2013 – Lewis Zou, piano; Maria Beltavski, violin
- 2012 – Jiana Peng, piano
- 2011 – Kaley Ann Voorhees, vocalist; Sophia Madorsky, vocalist
- 2010 – James Thompson, violin
- 2009 – Alexis Floyd, vocalist
- 2008 – Sarah Arnold, violin
- 2007 – Chad Hoopes, violin; Meredith Kochan, vocalist
- 2006 – Caroline Goulding, violin
- 2005 – Jerry Lang, II, piano
- 2004 – Annie Marie Sivertson, vocalist
- 2003 – Yihao Wu, piano
- 2002 – Shantelle Jackson and Antonio Brown, dancers; Lisa Moore, vocalist; Riley Richard, saxophone
- 2001-02 – Robbie Spackey, saxophone
- 2001 – Gina DiBello, violin; Kelly Pekar, vocalist
- 2000 – Nicholas DiEugenio, violin
If you have further questions, please contact the Cleveland Pops Orchestra at (216) 765-7677, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your tax-deductible gift to the Jean L. Petitt Memorial Music Scholarship Fund is an investment in the future of fine music. Your gift will be acknowledged in the Cleveland Pops program book. Please send your contribution to the address listed above. You may also Donate Online.