Hiring: Director of Development
Full Time, Managerial
The Cleveland Pops Orchestra seeks a fundraising professional to join our entrepreneurial, mission focused organization in growth mode. YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU ARE:
- A highly relational person who enjoys meeting and developing connections with people within and outside an organization
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, stay organized and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A strategic thinker who is comfortable developing and driving execution of a comprehensive fundraising plan
- A team player who enjoys collaboration while developing compelling fundraising strategies
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three years minimum experience in professional fundraising, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Knowledge of how to utilize fundraising databases, Patron Manager preferred.
- Must embrace the mission of The Cleveland Pops Orchestra and its strategic plan.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and volunteers
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute The Cleveland Pops Orchestra’s annual fundraising plan, including individual, corporate, and institutional divisions
- Grow a major and planned gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Coordinate fund raising special events, including annual gala
- Work closely with The Cleveland Pops Orchestra President and Board of Directors and serve as primary staff liaison to Board Development Committee
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems and maintain a gift recognition program and the creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Continue to write present grants and research new grant possibilities.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive with experience and other qualifications -$60,000 to $68,000
Reports to: President
Send all resumes to: Shirley Morgenstern