Diversity, Inclusion & Equity Policy
The Cleveland Pops Orchestra is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion and equity. We aim to promote diversity, inclusion, and equity in relation to our staff, Board Members, performers, affiliates, partners, and the communities we serve. The Cleveland Pops Orchestra embraces all individuals and is inclusive and welcoming to people regardless of background, race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation and breastfeeding), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, veteran or military status. Our commitment to diversity and inclusions aligns with our values and mission and is evident in our practices, policies, recruitment and selection, community partnerships, programming, and ongoing development.
To continue and further our diversity and inclusion efforts, the Cleveland Pops Orchestra is committed to:
- Maintaining diversity and inclusion as a vital consideration in artistic and institutional decisions and discussions.
- Increasing and maintaining diversity with Cleveland Pops Team (Board, Musicians, Staff), audience and the artists, collaborators, and partners we engage.
- Collaborating and building relationships with organizations and community groups from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Acknowledging and dismantling any inequities within our policies and programs.
- Exploring potential underlying assumptions that hinder inclusiveness.
- Promoting and engaging in transparent communication throughout our organization.
- Applying inclusive practices and considerations to the development and delivery of artistic programs and educational projects.
- Providing an environment of equality, fairness, respect, and tolerance for the Cleveland Pops Team and others with whom we work.
The Cleveland Pops Orchestra recognizes that the diversity and inclusion journey is ever-evolving and requires, vigilance, attention, and investment. We are committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion become and remain integrated in our organization’s identity.